As a person who loves to travel, eat well, and get it done efficiently so that I can get some exercise in on any given busy/normal day – this works & is a winner in our home!
That is a very sacred place of real estate in my kitchen for me because I like to keep my counters free.
I love a simple approach to life – this fits in because it is safe and very easy to use.
Keeping fit – is another of my fun spaces, but it takes time and effort and the Instant Pot has given me back some of that time.
Part of my joy means that I get to travel – and because of a friend in Poland and another in Kyrgyzstan, I now own an Instant Pot because I saw them using theirs.
Isn’t it amazing to see where an Instant Pot crops up?
these are the BENEFITS OF THE INSTANT POT
I love my Instant Pot and I use it all the time. I love to run, swim, and cycle because I know how important it is to keep fit – no matter what your age is. What does that go to do with having or not having an Instant Pot, you may well ask.
The Instant Pot has given me back some time.
It is efficient, a super-quality product, and very easy to use.
As a kitchen appliance, it gives me tender meat in a very short amount of time. This is the pressure cooker function, we all know that is what a pressure cooker does – but how many of us are rather scared to venture into the pressure cooker land?
The instant pot has quelled any and every worry I ever had about using a pressure cooker. It can do that for you too.
And, no it is not instant – what in life is? But, it is quick and that is why I love my new Instant Pot.
It cuts down the cooking time because it is an electric pressure cooker where flavors develop in a short amount of time and a tasty meal is the result. The more affordable cuts that are usually so tough are made tender and delicious. It makes making healthy food easier because it locks in all the flavors, and that is a win for me.
What does the Instant Pot do?
First and foremost, it is an electric pressure cooker. Pressure cooking is a way to cook food under pressure and therefore to cook for less time. The high-pressure cooking also tenderizes the meat and helps the flavor to develop more quickly. The sealing ring locks in all the flavors and seals the lid to bring out the most delicious flavors.
The cooking process of cooking at high temperature and high pressure feels much safer in the Instant Pot. It does. I did have a good, stovetop pressure cooker, but I was a little afraid of it, so I left him in the cupboard!
super features 1
- YOGURT MAKER – I love the fact that the Instant Pot comes with such a high-quality stainless steel inner pot. I have tried many yogurt makers and this is by far the easiest, the simplest, and the best I have ever used. First, there is a high-temperature setting and then a low setting on the pre-set Yogurt function. The milk is first brought up to the correct temperature to kill all the unnecessary bugs and then it beeps – it looks after itself. I then usually take the inner pot out and place it on the kitchen counter (covered of course with a clean kitchen towel) for the milk to cool back down to body temperature. This is when you can add in the starter culture/other plain yogurt with live cultures in it and return it to the Instant Pot. Select the low setting and in 8 hours or whatever your preference is, your yogurt will be ready.
- SAUTÉ FUNCTION – whenever I am browning meat or cooking onions the sauté function is quick and easy to use. It has a high and a low setting and depending on what you are wanting both are good. The high setting is high enough to brown anything and the lower setting is more gentle to allow you to soften onions without them catching.
super features 2
- PRESSURE COOKER – this is of course the king of all the functions. The benefits of the Instant Pot and whether you are deciding to buy or not to buy lies here with the pressure cooker. I have not discovered or used everything yet, but what I loved so far is cooking quinoa and a whole lot of eggs at one time, perfectly and successfully. The safety features of the Instant Pot have made me more confident to try new things. I recently made a pot roast and it was delicious. I have not tried a whole chicken yet but I will. The Instant Pot pressure cooker will give anyone back the confidence to pressure cook again. We have bought tough cuts of meat and the pressure cooker has made the meat tender and juicy.
- SLOW COOKER – because I love to live simply or to try to simplify living; what is better than getting home after a busy day at work or also from working out to a warm delicious meal that has been slow cooking? I have loved the inner stainless steel pot because I can also lift it out and put it on the table and it looks good enough to be on any table. I used a crock pot for many years, and I loved it but the instant pot has replaced it now. I can brown meat in the instant pot and that means that I do not need an extra sauté pan – fewer dishes.
- MORE FEATURES: – STEAM RACK – I love this feature when I want to boil up a whole batch of eggs. Did anyone say, 12 eggs or 24 eggs, well it is possible to do in the Instant Pot. It has been a game-changer for me. We love to have boiled eggs waiting for us in the fridge. A quick snack or quick lunch is how we mainly enjoy boiled eggs.
The difference between a pressure cooker and an Instant Pot
When I was deciding on the benefits of an Instant Pot and whether I should buy one or not I considered the following:
- SAFETY – I always felt a bit nervous and ignorant about using my stovetop pressure cooker. The quick-release button/lever on the Instant Pot has worked very well and has not been intimidating at all. The simplicity of the Instant Pot to self-regulate the temperature, made it easier than what I had to do on my stovetop. The Instant Pot turns off automatically when the pre-set pressure cooking time has been reached. This makes it easier to get on with other things in the house without worrying that this pot on the stove could explode at any time.
- KNOWLEDGE – I never felt completely in control, with knowledge, about what was happening in the pressure cooker pot. The instructions and the programming of the Instant Pot have made it quicker and easier to be in control of the various cooking methods offered.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROL – the Instant Pot has made this so much easier and more logical. It is no longer a guessing game and wishing for good results.
- NATURAL RELEASE – well I didn’t even know that I needed this in my life, but I do;). It is when a preset timer turns off the pressure cooker and the Instant pot, self releases pressure, and you do not have to be anywhere near the Instant Pot for this to take place. It saves so much time.